Printer Friendly Version|
March 12, 2019
More than 100 organizations benefit from Ohio National’s charitable efforts in 2018
Cincinnati -- More than 100 charitable organizations throughout the Greater Cincinnati community benefited from the volunteer and financial support of Ohio National Financial Services and its associates in 2018.
- In 2018 the Foundation gave $1.8 million to more than 100 organizations.
- Associates participated in onsite activities for several charitable organizations including the American Heart Association, Habitat for Humanity and Make-A-Wish®.
- It was the 25th year for sponsoring The Taft Museum of Art’s Duncanson Artist-in-Residence program, honoring the achievements of African American artists in a variety of disciplines.
- Since 2016, Ohio National associates have volunteered more than 13,000 hours during their work day at local organizations using their annual paid community service day benefit.
“From organizations helping those in poverty to those supporting the arts and serving health needs, Ohio National is committed to making our community stronger and more vibrant,” said Gary T. “Doc” Huffman, Ohio National’s chairman and chief executive officer. “I am proud of the commitment our associates make to serve and engage in their individual communities.”
The Ohio National Foundation
The Ohio National Foundation, which has facilitated the company’s corporate giving since 1987, has donated more than $23 million to local causes. In 2018, Ohio National continued its tradition of community support alongside associates and policyholders.
In addition to Ohio National's decades-long commitment and support to the United Way of Greater Cincinnati and ArtsWave, the Foundation supported a number of charitable organizations in 2018:
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati: Ohio National has partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Cincinnati through 2021 to provide affordable housing for lower income families. During this time Ohio National has committed to fund the construction of 26 homes, a total commitment of more than $1.8 million.
- American Heart Association’s Heart Mini: 425 Ohio National team participants ran or walked in a Heart Mini event, including the Ohio National-sponsored Heart 5K. In 2018, more than $57,000 was raised for the American Heart Association, ranking Ohio National 9th for corporate fundraising in Greater Cincinnati.
- Make-A-Wish: Ohio National makes a $10 donation to Make-A-Wish for every individual variable product owner who switches to e-delivery of product and fund prospectuses, quarterly statements or fund reports for the first time.* In 2018, Ohio National donated more than $16,500, bringing a total of more than $290,000 donated since the program’s introduction in 2010, helping grant more than 35 wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center: Beginning in 2018, Ohio National pledged $750,000 over five years to continue the commitment to the Motion Analysis Lab, which uses state-of-the-art technology to evaluate movement and discover the best treatment and therapy for children with diagnoses including cerebral palsy and spina bifida.
- Victorian Holiday Village: Ohio National provides this festive and free annual event featuring miniature-sized houses at the company’s home office in Montgomery. In 2018, the 17th annual event welcomed 4,241 total guests. Associates and guests collected more than 2,000 pounds of food for the Freestore Foodbank. The Victorian Holiday Village was staffed by 150 associate volunteers.
*Total contributions made by Ohio National Financial Services, Inc. through its subsidiaries including National Security for 2010-2018. Various state laws prohibit offering incentives for electing e-delivery, among other things. Donations to charitable organizations are excluded from these rules. From March 1, 2019, through December 31, 2019, Ohio National will donate $10 to Make-A-Wish for every individual variable product owner the first time e-delivery is elected.
Make-A-Wish name used with permission.
Make-A-Wish is not affiliated with Ohio National or Ohio National Equities, Inc.
Please note: Not all fund documents are available for electronic delivery.
About Ohio National
Since 1909, Ohio National has been committed to helping individuals, families and businesses protect what matters most. Through our network of financial professionals across 49 states (all except New York), the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and through affiliated operations in South America, we provide the insurance products that help our policyholders achieve financial security and independence. As of December 31, 2018, its affiliated companies have $39.3 billion total assets under management. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Please visit ohionational.com for more information and for the latest company updates, connect with Ohio National on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.